Impact Of Human Trafficking On Health: Healing
OPENING REMARKS: Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Sr. Mirjam Beike, RGS, Moderator
- Mariana Meshi, Director of the shelter “Different & Equal” in Tirana Albania
- Adelajda Alikaj, has a background in clinical psychology, and has worked for 4 years directly with victims of trafficking in the Organization Different & Equal. She has given contribution in different roles in the organization, organizing Art Therapy Sessions, which is a form of psychotherapy that uses art as its primary mode of expression and communication
- Ornela Hinaj, Psychologist, Arttherapist of the shelter “Different & Equal”
- Irena Kraja, Coordinator / Psychologist at MWL Advice & Service Center of Tirana ASC (Albania)
This webinar shall highlight:
- Trauma: having been trafficked leads to severe trauma for the persons concerned.
- The steps of a long process of healing: in this Webinar we learn why the healing and reintegration process of victims of trafficking is so long and complex.
- Art therapy: we will learn more about a shelter for survivors of trafficking in Albania, and how this shelter provides reintegration services to their beneficiaries, with a highlight on art therapy, which is surprisingly effective for victims of trauma.
- Intercultural approaches: we will take a deeper look into practical methods and different approaches on how to help victims of trafficking, who find themselves in a culture which is very different from their own.