Please access the subtitles by clicking on “CC” in the Vimeo menu, available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese.
Religions take an important role in denouncing modern slavery, in protecting, rescuing and rehabilitating victims of human trafficking.: Religious Leaders (“Joint Declaration of Religious Leaders Against Modern Slavery”, Rome, 2 December 2014) and religious congregations take a large part in the fight against modern slavery.
This webinar will present:
- the “Pastoral Orientations on Human Trafficking” proposed by Pope Francis and The Migrants & Refugees Section of the Vatican after a consultation with church leaders, academics and practitioners and partner organizations working in this field;
- the assessment of the present situation and proposals of representatives of Christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths in order to promote action at the international, regional and national levels.
You can access additional documents by clicking on the following link: https://drive.infomaniak.com/app/share/111675/0bbefc98-2f82-427b-8046–3858d817ee59
Links to download full text intervention in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese: https://drive.infomaniak.com/app/share/111675/67e0819b-0c5c-4f49-8a27-e317209d1647
1. Opening Remarks by Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons
2. Sister Mirjam BEIKE, RGS, Moderator. She will present the “Pastoral Orientations on Human Trafficking”
3. H.E. Cardinal Dieudonné NZAPALAINGA and Imam Abdelouaye OUASSELEGUE, bearing witness and taking action to avoid instrumentalisation of religion by warlords and to promote reconciliation in the Central African Republic (RCA)
4. Dr. Reda BENKIRANE, sociologist, doctor in philosophy
5. Rabbi François GARAÏ, GIL, President, Geneva Spiritual Appeal
6. Prof. Azza KARAM, Secretary-General, Religions for Peace
You can also access the video of this webinar available with translations in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese on the adlaudatosi website: www.adlaudatosi.org
The webinars are organized by the Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons with the Collège Universitaire Henry-Dunant, in cooperation with Sister Mirjam Beike, RGS, Representative at the UN in Geneva for the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd.
Please visit the following websites: https://adlaudatosi.org/ https://nohumantrafficking.orderofmal… https://www.cuhd.org https://christusliberat.org/journal/