Please access the subtitles by clicking on “CC” in the Vimeo menu, available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese.
CO-ORGANIZERS: Caritas Internationalis, Secours Catholique — Caritas France, Sovereign Order of Malta
Existing and emerging war conflicts (including, but not limited to, Ukraine, Syria, Yemen, Eritrea, and others) have led to a dramatic development of trafficking. In Europe, the war in Ukraine has contributed to revealing this phenomenon in the country itself, the border countries, and the host countries of people fleeing the fighting
Preventing conditions of trafficking of human beings in armed conflicts and supporting the victims is vital
Links to download full text intervention in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese:
1. Introduction by the moderator: Geneviève Colas, Secours Catholique — Caritas France and COATNET
2. Opening Remarks by Professor Michel Veuthey, Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons
3. Virginia Gamba de Potgieter, Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict at the level of Under-Secretary-General
4. Natalia Holynska, Manager of counter-trafficking projects, Caritas Ukraine and COATNET
5. Codruta Fernea, President of Catholic Action Romania
6. Hessen Sayah, Head of Protection Department, Caritas Lebanon
7. Mikiko Otani, Chair, United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child
You can also access the video of this webinar available with translations in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese on the adlaudatosi website: www.adlaudatosi.org
The webinars are organized by the Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to monitor and combat trafficking in persons with the Collège Universitaire Henry-Dunant, in cooperation with Sister Mirjam Beike, RGS, Representative at the UN in Geneva for the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd.
Please visit the following websites: